The school enjoys the daily presence of nine sisters. Sr. Rosemarie Burke, SIW, is the spiritual leader and campus minister of our school. Many of the retired sisters keep a prayer ministry for the students and families of IWA. All of the sisters inspire and enhance the peaceful, Christian environment of our school.
As campus minister, Sr. Rosemarie creates an environment which encourages and guides all its members to contribute to the Catholic identity of Incarnate Word Academy and the formation of a faith community which responds to the spiritual needs of the students, faculty, staff and parents. In collaboration with the Sisters of the Incarnate Word, our principals, faculty and staff, our parents, students, and local priests; Sr. Rosemarie brings to life an environment rich in the school’s mission, spiritual development, prayer and sacramental experiences, and preparation of leaders for service in the Church and society.
Campus Ministry Vision
Forming a Faith Community by facilitating an atmosphere of Christian hospitality where all feel welcome, based on Catholic faith traditions and rituals
as well as acknowledging and celebrating diversity within the school community.
Spiritual Development with opportunities for our IWA community to deepen their relationship with Christ including a retreat program for students, faculty, parents, and staff.
Prayer and Sacramental experiences which offer a variety of prayer experiences including personal, communal, and seasonal.
Campus Ministry in Action
The Mission statement which IWA students recite every day from memory reminds each one that they are committed to living the gospel values in word and deed. They are nurtured spiritually each day and throughout the school year by following these practices:
• Daily prayer at the beginning and end of the day
• Religion lessons taught daily from Preschool through 8th grade
• Theology teacher for grades (6-8)
• Faith-based environment with images and pictures in each classroom and throughout the building
• Monthly School Masses
• Sacrament of Reconciliation during Advent and Lent
• Blessing of Throats in February
• Each grade is involved in a service project during Lent
• Eucharistic Adoration once a year
• Marian Devotions with the Crowning of the image of Mary
• Fr. Haren teaches the eighth grade students monthly
• Annual school Retreat Day